If you are a member of RNGS and can remember your user name/email address, but don’t know your password, then click on the link below to enter your email address and have your password reset.
- On the Password Reset/Get New Password Form type your email address and click on the Get New Password button
- You will be shown a confirmation page telling you to ‘Check your email for the confirmation link’.
- Open the email then click on the ‘reset password’ link shown in the email to continue the process. See RNGS Password reset – sample email
- You will be shown a form asking you to enter a new password.
- Enter your new password ( twice ) then click on Reset Password
- You should see a response ‘Your password has been reset’. You can then either choose the ‘Log in’ link or, if you don’t want to log in at this time, choose ‘Back to Royal Navy Golfing Society’.
- When logged in you should see a black admin menu bar across the top of the page with your user-name/email address top right.
- Problems? – If, when attempting to log in or out, you get stuck on a blank white page (‘WSOD’) under the heading ‘rngs.org.uk/wp-login.php’, simply press the ‘Enter’ key and you will move on to the ‘Are You Human’ security question (see below).
The website hosting company carries out checks to counter computerised hacking (‘botnet’ attacks), and may respond to Log-in or Log-out requests with a ‘Are You Human?’ response. This will ask a pseudo-random question which requires human experience to answer. (Note: Some of the questions defeated the logic processes of the RNGS website team; don’t worry, keep going until you get one right!) See example page below.